Nov 10, 2009

13.1

I did it! After months of training and anticipation, Saturday, Nov. 7 finally came and I ran the Snow Canyon half marathon in St. George. It was an amazing weekend.. spent in warm weather with some of my favorite people. And the run went a lot better than I expected! Not too hot (or cold.. which is what I'm used to in Logan), not too tiring, not too stressful or too much of anything. It was beautiful, and I loved it. I don't know if I'll ever do a full marathon, but I definitely plan on doing more races in the future! There is plenty of room for improvement. Here are some photos from my weekend:

Some of the favorite people I mentioned, carbo loading at Olive Garden

Marinda and I right after the race

The 3 of us with our victory medals

Katie Lewis came down to see us!! Oh how we miss her

The only bad thing about the weekend was that I lost my camera in all the rushing and traveling. Therefore, all of the pictures you see are stolen from Tasha's camera. This meant that I didn't get any pictures of me crossing the finish line. But fortunately, the news crews were taking pictures, and (don't ask me why) I happened to be the picture they chose for the newspaper article. It was kind of a shock when I clicked on the link and saw a close up picture of me at the top of the article! Its a pretty embarrassing picture. haha

8 comments:

  1. Liz you really are amazing! I can't believe you did that. Please come down to Cali and run one with me sometime! I miss you and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Liz, now we can be running buddies!! I am glad you loved it! I'm sorry about your camera, thats a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Lizzie! I am so proud of you!! And that picture is so funny... I laughed so hard, but you look so cute. Don't be embarrassed.

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Liz! You are super photogenic, no surprise they picked a picture of you. Too bad about the camera, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright, liz! that's so great! lucky gal for the picture. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz i'm so proud of you and pretty dang jealous of how cool you are for doing this! and you already know this but I love the picture, your the icon of the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey sis... i haven't looked at any blogs for a few weeks, so I just got all caught up. i love your postings, you are the best. just wanted to let you know I miss you and love you tons. have a good week k? when you coming home??

    ReplyDelete
  8. as my dear old friend marcus morrison said:
    you're the icon of the marathon!!

    haha i'm proud of you! i had no idea how into running you were...except if i remember right, you did consider waking up early in Connecticut to go running with jess...in fact, i think you DID go running in that 30482039582098 degrees fahrenheit weather (add humidity on top of that) haha. congratulations!!! now i think i will have to consider doing something like this sometime as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...