Sep 13, 2011

Elda Cospa

Sometimes I get sick of writing about me and my experiences (imagine that) so today.. I am going to write a little more about my brother in Ghana.  I posted about him a few months back; about how much I admire him and look up to him and get overexcited to read his letters and emails every week.  Today I want to share a few tidbits from those emails of his.  Hopefully he doesn't mind. Every time he used to make himself a big delicious meal in the kitchen (he's a much better chef than I am) I would wait until he turned his back and sneak a few bites..or a lot of bites. He always got upset at me for that. Now I am going to sneak a few bites from his emails which I think are more interesting than my own.  I think you'll agree. 


September 12th

"Remember Kingsley?  We baptized him in Mamponse right before i was transferred.  Well now two of his sons have been baptized and his daughter and wife will be baptized on the 24th!!!!  All of that just because of one contact Elder Thom and I made one Sunday afternoon.  I can't describe how happy i am about that.  Seeing an individual change is amazing, but seeing an entire family change is even better."

September 5th 

"I'm rocking out to some awesome gospel rock here in this internet cafe.  Gotta love Ghana (and Tennessee)!  This week we've been prospering work-wise but suffering physically.  We've been without electricity probably 5 out of the 7 days this week.  Here they call it "light off."  The three worst things about having no electricity are: 1. Our water pump doesn't work, which is as good as not having any water at all.  2. Our fridge doesn't work and all the food inside starts to spoil (I have 5 KGs of chicken in our freezer that's going to be completely defrosted by the end of today if the power doesn't come back on) and 3. Our fans don't work!  Which makes for hot sweaty nights.  It's not fun!  Ghana really needs to figure out this electricity business.  Luckily this internet cafe is really nice and has a generator.  Something we missionaries don't have."


August 29th

"One cool experience we had this week, we contacted and taught this guy named Sammuel B on Saturday.  We committed him to come to church and he said he would, but after doing this work for this long i've kind of lost faith in people when they say they'll come to church.  But then Sunday came and he showed up during sacrament meeting!  After sacrament meeting we were taking him to the gospel essentials class and one of the members walked up to him with a big smile on his face and gave him a big hug.  It turns out this guy is Sammuel's uncle!  After church Sammuel told us how much he loved the service and said that he'll definitely be coming back next week.  Experiences like that keep me going, missionary work is so sweet.  I have the strongest testimony about following the promptings of the spirit."


Ok, that's all for now.  I sure do love my little bro. Miss him like crazy but I know the sacrifice is worth it. He is blessing so many lives out there. 

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS A GREAT POST! Love both of my wonderful missionary children so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...