Jul 5, 2009

i do like

One thing I admire about my dad is how certain he is about what he does and does not like. He is the most decisive person I know. The other day as I was trying to convince my dad to miss a day of work and come boating with the family, he promptly responded,

"No, I do not want to come boating. I do not like boating, I never really have. If I liked boating, I'd have a boat."
Although I respect his opinion, and agree with my dad on most subjects, I have to disagree here.

I really do like boating. I'm lucky I've had so many friends, and now a sister, who invite me to come boating with them every summer.

My niece Violet really likes boating too. I had a great family fourth full of camping, boating, golfing, food, and fireworks. I'm sad its over.

5 comments:

  1. Haha I can totally picture your Dad saying that. And you can come boating with us when we go to Bear Lake at the end of August! These pictures look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, what your dad said made me laugh. that sounds like something my own dad would say, but i think when i'm older i will buy a boat. i am glad your fourth of july was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh! That photo of Violet makes me very happy. I love it. When did you take that?

    I love dad's response to boating....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I do play golf. So I'm not a total drag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI LIZ!

    Oh man, driving into logan is my favorite. The canyon is so beautiful. You going back up there in the fall?

    Boating is a beautiful thing too.. mostly at lake powell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...