Jul 16, 2009

show and tell

Since I've seen a bit of quality live music lately, I just thought I'd be generous and share a little.

This is Jenny Lewis playing at the twilight concert series last week:

Here is Andrew Bird. Notice he is whistling (like a songbird sent from above), playing violin, guitar, and singing all in one song. This man's got some real talent:


And here is the always wonderful Death Cab playing at Red Butte Gardens. This was the third time I've seen them, and I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. They have really perfected their sound and stage presence. And they played a lot of their old stuff, which made me happy. Ben Gibbard is much more confident (and skinny) than he used to be:


Skinny Ben still sounds good, but I think I might have preferred chubby Ben.


*sorry about the poor quality of these recordings, they really don't do the artists any justice at all*

2 comments:

  1. Skinny ben, chubby Ben - same voice.

    And I have been listening to more Andrew Bird. I like him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. i agree liz-beth. i like "chubby little bit awkward ben". not so sure i'm diggin the "most popular singer around with teenaged girls ben".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...