Jul 28, 2009

summer hobby

There's a sport I've become quite accustomed to this summer:

Its called golf.  I've always liked it, but I've never cared about it enough (or practiced enough) to get good at it.  This summer I decided it was time. 

This is what I like most about this sport:

1. The landscape.  So peaceful.  So relaxing. So perfect after a long day of work. 
2. Spending time with Dad.. and occasionally Tay.  And learning from both of their skills.
3. Getting a farmer tan, and a sock tan.   And wearing baseball caps for the first time in my life.
4. Not having to keep score.  I refuse to keep score until my score is work keeping. 
5. One day I will be so terrible, and the next day I will drive straight onto the greens (from par 3's of course)
6.  The fact (or hope) that some day, I will get to design a golf course of my very own--being a Landscape Architecture major has its benefits.

Here is a short video of my swing.  I'm still working on it.  Also, I think that all the self confidence I have acquired throughout my life has come from Dad's (kind, but not necessarily truthful) compliments.  Listen to what he says at the end of this clip. 


he he.  That's all!

7 comments:

  1. Haha love the video. And congratulations on falling in love with golf. At least it is something you can play until you're Bertha Sue. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy - That is a beautiful swing, and so are you. So it was a very accurate statement. Also, I like to call them golf hats - sounds a bit more sophisticated than baseball hats. And we are sophisticated golfers - right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! I love that lizzy... you look so cute in our golf get-up. And dad was right, I don't know much about golf.. but that swing was a beauty.

    I remember dad took me golfing once.. I wasn't very good. But I want to come with you guys sometime. can I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you are so cute!!! i think we should go (mini) golfing, because i am terrible at real golfing.
    when i was younger, my dad took me to go hit some balls, and this person in front of us swung the club so hard that it came back and tore his cheek open....
    i am sorry i had to share that story, but when i think about golfing, i think about this....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha, this is adorable.
    i was signed up for a golf class at byu for my hepe generals.
    haha, but i ended up having to drop it :(

    wish i would see you around more!
    have the most amazing time with Mands in the East!

    ReplyDelete
  6. liz! I've been practicing this summer also! We should play!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...