Mar 3, 2010

caring

Caring is a beautiful thing. It's what builds relationships. It's what defines our character. It's what makes us human.

However, sometimes it is not caring that releases us.

Not caring if the carpet gets dirty (because our vacuum is broken).
Not caring that we haven't showered today.. or yesterday.
Not caring if our professor gives us an A-, B+, or B on our best effort project.
Not caring if it's sunny or if it's snowy outside.
Not caring that we're not wearing the trendiest item (especially if it's a weird knit ear warmer headband with a giant flower on the front).
Not caring that a boy we really cared about stopped being a good friend.
Not caring that we're not brave enough to try the jumps and rails that everyone else is trying.
Not caring if we're not the fastest runner in the race.
Not caring if our stomach is a little bit chubby.
Not caring that we're wearing leather grandpa moccasins rather than cute high heels to school every day.
Not caring that we've been eating micro-waved leftovers for two weeks rather than cooking something new.

Don't get me wrong, I still consider myself a caring person. I still care about the most important things in life. But as far as some things are concerned,

sometimes
it just feels good
to not.

7 comments:

  1. I liked this Liz, it was really insightful...and don't worry...I missed showering the last two days too! :) we must be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true Lizzy, and I kind of really needed to hear it. Yes I have been looking at wedding stuff. And I need my best friend to help me. Because my mom is gone and Jessica is way too busy. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy, I don't know who in their right mind would want to wear high heels to school every day, especially in Logan! :) I like the moccasins.

    but are you sure you don't like those knit headband thingy's? i was just knitting you one.
    jk. tjk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Lizzy, this is why I love you! You are so funny, and thanks for the headband comment, because I refused to get one for Hai...yeah, I'm a mean mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lizzy, you're so deep...and so funny. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. liz.. you are so incredibly great. all of these things are what make you so loveable. cant wait to play in cali next week with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...