Feb 20, 2011

nasty habits

I have a confession to make: since arriving in Tennessee last July, I have developed some nasty habits--all of which involve food.

Nasty Habit #1: Second Breakfast
I remember watching Lord of the Rings with my friends in high school and laughing when one of the hobbits asks, "What about second breakfast?" Well, this question has now become frequently asked by me. I eat a bowl of cereal at approximately 7:30 a.m. each morning and by 9:30 a.m. I am ready for a tuna fish sandwich. This habit I've developed is not very good for my daily calorie intake.



Nasty Habit #2: Fast Food and French Fries
The combination of having a very limited food budget and even more limited meal times has led to this nasty habit. It's not something I am proud of, but it has become a regular and sustaining (or not so sustaining) part of my life these past months.




Nasty Habit #3: Chocolate
Not once a day or twice a day, but after every single meal; even second breakfast. Let's face it though, I developed this habit long before I got to Tennessee.






While these nasty habits sometimes cause me to feel down about the down about the direction my body is headed in, I find comfort in these scriptures: Psalms 22:29 "All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship" and 2 Nephi 9:51 "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness."

After reading these verses I am left feeling not so bad about my habits. I do feel like I am spending my daily labors for that which satisfies (I'm in the business of bringing people to Christ), and I am definitely worshiping regularly. Therefore.. I delight in fatness.

7 comments:

  1. :) haha liz you are funny. Man I have a lot of these same "nasty habits" only I'm not doing the good things you're doing...I probably shouldn't eat chocolate as much as I do...or drink Coke...i'm addicted to coke. I like those scriptures though! Its' fun that you are able to blog and face book on your missions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz.... I cant believe how much I miss and love you!! I missed you so much today at my homecoming!!! I am waiting for a letter from you my dear.... I want to hear how you are doing!!!
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Cosper, I about fell over!
    This is great! Although... You should read D&C a little closer - Hehe!
    I say "AMEN" to everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... You are a nerd. And I miss your chocolate loving habits. You + Me + Cadbury Eggs = freshman year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha you were born eating chocolate. Especially Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Dove chocolates remind me of Liz. Forever. As well as Cadbury Eggs. Oh Liz how we miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...