Feb 21, 2011

so far yet so close

I am here

my little brother is here

my best friend is here

and the majority of my other friends and family are here

but even though we are thousands of miles apart and our main method of communication is this

most of the time they don't seem very far away, and I attribute that to this

and this

Each night my friends, family and I kneel down and pray to the same father: I pray for them, and they pray for me. I know that God hears our prayers, and I feel close to them when I pray.

Each Sunday we go to the same church buildings throughout the world, study the same scriptures and doctrines, and worship the same way. The amazing thing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that the teachings stay consistent no matter where you go. We are a worldwide, unified body of saints with Christ as the head. I love knowing that no matter where I am in the world, I will always be a part of the same church family-Christ's church family. It makes me feel not so far away at all.

2 comments:

  1. LIZ!!!! I didnt know your brother went to AFRICA!!! Did you know I miss you DEARLY... and am still waiting for your letter :) You have my home address right?? I miss you like craaaaazzzzyyyyyy but I love telling everyone one of my best friends is on a mission :)
    I LOVE YOU!!!
    Love, me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz my dad is leaving for Ghana tomorrow, I hope he sees Tay!!! :) love you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...