May 19, 2011

my friend

I'd like to tell you about my friend.
My friend didn't know she wanted to be my friend at first.
I had to bribe my friend to be my friend by offering to do her dishes.
We did her dishes.
My friend didn't want to listen to us, but we found out her weakness was books.
We gave her a Book of Mormon.
We accidently took the Book of Mormon back, but brought her a new one the next day.
My friend started reading and thought it was bogus.
But then she kept reading and realized it wasn't.
She asked if it was true and God told her "yes".
She quit smoking cold turkey without a complaint.
My friend had God on her side.
My friend was baptized three months ago for the remission of sins.
Since her baptism she has practically read the entire standard works...plus the history of the church.
My friend has been through more in the past few years than most of us go through in an entire lifetime.
Yet my friend keeps smiling, and finds something to laugh about every day.
My friend has become one of my best friends.
She started a blog of her own a few weeks ago; you can find it here.

Thanks for being my friend, friend.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cool story, Sister Cosper! I knew right when I met you that you would be an incredible missionary and have so many special experiences. Love you!

    (Sister Fluckiger)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that brought a smile to my face thank you for all the nice comments about me :) hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be my favorite post I have read yet. You are doing such good things Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - great post. I really enjoyed reading this. I love Nikki's blog. I feel spiritual strength when I read her postings. Makes me want to be on a mission right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. I Love this Friend too! She is a super example of a faithful daughter of God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I love reading your blog Liz! You are a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...