Aug 4, 2011

blackie


I am not normally much of a dog person. I feel like most of the time they just make houses messy and smelly and make visitors feel unwelcome. A pit bull even tried to kill my companion once, and since then I've been a bit traumatized. But Blackie.. is different. While staying with the Place's for the past week and a half, I must admit I became quite attached to this little dog. My favorite thing about Blackie (as you can see from this video) is how excited she gets when you give her a treat.  She acts like every dog bone you give her is the most exciting thing in the world, and she dances all around it and makes sure you know how much she appreciates it before she eats it.  I love it so much I always just want to give her another one when she finally finishes.

Alright, what does this have to do with missionary work or the gospel?  Well, let me tell you.  I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately and to me, Blackie is the perfect examlple of a gracious receiver.  When you give her a good gift, she will be sure to let you know how thankful she is..without even using words!  How often do we show that kind of appreciation for the things that we receive?  Every day we are given gifts.. if not from those around us, from the Lord.  When we show our gratitude for the things we are given, God is more willing to give us more.  Psalms 92:1 says it simply: "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, o most high".  Alma 37:37 states, "..and when thou risest in the morning, let thy heart be full of thanks unto they God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."    I love that promise.

I know we each have so much to be thankful for.  I find that when I express gratitude for all that I've been given, I recognize even more blessings throughout each day, and I am happier!  Let us all be a little more like Blackie.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sister Cosper! I am very grateful for you and your service. And I love other people's dogs. Just don't want any in my house! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...