Aug 18, 2011

faith vs fear

It took a lot of faith for me to trust the owner of this chicken when he told me I could hold it without getting pecked to death.  This was my first experience with holding a chicken.

Faith is a principle of power and action.  Faith is more than just a belief.  If we have faith, we will do something about it.  If we have faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior, that faith will lead us to repent of our sins, be obedient to His commandments, and serve him until the end.  This is what I have gathered from my studies about faith:

-Faith leads to action. (James 1:22)
-Faith is manifest through obedience, diligence, and work.  (John 14:15)
-Faith comes before miracles. (Ether 12:6
-Faith is opposed by doubt and fear. ( 2 Tim 1:7)
-Faith can be increased through study, prayer, service, and obedience. (Alma 32:27)

Faith in Jesus Christ is the motivating factor behind what I do as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It is the reason I left home for a year and a half to serve without monetary compensation.  It is the reason I keep the sabbath day holy, the word of wisdom, the law of tithing, and the law of chastity even when most of the world tells me to do otherwise.  Faith is why I get up at 6:30 each morning, study the scriptures for two hours, and spend all day inviting others to come unto Christ, hoping that someone will listen. 

Faith is a gift from God, and something He wants each of us to develop. I am so thankful for my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...