Aug 25, 2011

women of God

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."

-Margaret D. Nadauld


(I feel like the "We Can Do It" poster from the fifties would be an appropriate picture to go along with this post, but the public computers here in Union City, TN won't let me save photos from online...so you can just imagine the photo). 

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my very favorite quotes. I think of it a lot when I feel the need to compare myself to a woman of the world. I catch myself and realize - I don't really want that. Thanks for sharing Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my very favorite quotes. Thanks, Sister Cosper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Cosper.
    How neat you can keep a blog while you are your mission!
    p.s. This is Hayley Dalton. I go into the MTC on Wednesday and decided to re-activate facebook for one last look and there you were serving in Tennessee!
    woo hoo! best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...