Jun 2, 2011

the kind that last

I've written quite a bit about my family in the past few months; more specifically about how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has strengthened my family and made us who we are today. It's something that has been made very clear to me as I've been thousands of miles away from them in a world where most families are falling apart. Something else I think about quite often is the impact that good friends have had in my life. Because most of my friends at home share my faith, the same principles that have blessed my family also made my friendships what they are today. A lot of my friends have been my friends since the beginning of time (or at least the beginning of our time). We played kickball together in elementary school, choreographed lip syncs together in Jr. high, suffered through braces and break-ups together in high school, and supported each other through college finals. Some of my best friends I didn't meet until after high school, but those friendships are just as strong. When most people think about large groups of college-aged girls, they probably think of one word: drama. But when I think about my girls, the words that come to my mind are love, trust, kindness, support, honesty, respect, creativity, and lots and lots of laughter.  I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ  has a lot to do with the good feelings my friends have and the high morals and standards we've helped each other maintain throughout the years. 




These are most (but  not all) of the girlies.  I love them so so much.  Always will.

"Living the gospel and being true to gospel principles is the key to true, lasting, triumphant friendship." -Jeffery R. Holland

4 comments:

  1. Liz I totally agree. Our friends shape us and form us into who are. While reading this, the song "Be That Friend" came into my mind--the young women in our ward are learning it now. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz I love this post! We really do have the best friends. We missed you at Tia's homecoming and can't wait for yours. Your mom got to share missionary moments in sacrament meeting and it was so fun to hear about you and tayler's missions. You've eaten a squirrel? Ew. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, it is so fun to read your blog. I haven't had much time because Adam and I have been touring Europe for the last month, but I am sitting in an internet cafe in Rome waiting for Adam to get back from the market, and was just thinking of all of our amazing friends and decided to check in on you. Tell Sister Austin hi if you see her anytime soon! Love you. - Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post Liz. You are amazing at seeing the gospel in every aspect of your life. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...