Jun 11, 2011

eternity

How would it feel to know that the one you love the very most, the one you promise your life to, can be yours in the afterlife too? What would it be like to know that your marriage is not just "till death do us part" but "for time and all eternity?"  Well most of my best friends I was just telling you about.. they know what this feels like.  Because they were not just married for time but were sealed for all eternity in a house of God.

Most were married here..
 or here..
 or here..
These three temples are all in Utah, but there are actually 134 temples like these throughout the world. People often ask me about these beautiful temples: where are they? What are they for?  What do we do in them?  I tell them that one of the things that occurs in these sacred temples is these forever marriages.  A beautiful blessing of having the restored gospel is knowing how our families can be sealed together forever.  In the year 1836, God restored his priesthood and the sealing power of Elijah, which "turns the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers" (Malachi 4:5-6).  This is one of the main purposes of having these temples.

Although I am not yet married, I am able to go to the temple to worship and make covenants with my Father in Heaven.  I can also go there for peace and inspiration.  The temple is a sanctuary from the world; the closest thing to Heaven here on earth. Yesterday I was able to go to the Nashville, Tennessee Temple, where I felt God's love for me so powerfully and received many answers to my prayers.


I love to see the temple!

2 comments:

  1. I love the temple so much. Kevin and I went this week and every time we leave with answers to our prayers and a stronger spirit. There is peace in our home and we feel more charitable towards one another. I can't even think about our sealing almost 10 months ago today without tears coming to my eyes. I love the temple so much. Thanks for this Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sister Cosper for that true and wonderful description of the blessings of the temple...I love knowing that our family is sealed together eternally because of our temple marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...