Mar 23, 2011

9 months

No, I am not talking about pregnancy. I am talking about...

-9 months of many goodbyes and many hellos
-9 months of uncertainty and fear and faith and hope
-9 months of exhaustian and energy and excitement
-9 months of breaking down stereotypes and making best friends
-9 months of missing Utah and loving Tennessee
-9 months of finding myself through losing myself
-9 months of feeling lonely but never truly being alone
-9 months of 6:30 alarms and 9:30 curfews
-9 months of sharing my deepest desires and beliefs with strangers on the street
-9 months of learning how to trust in God
-9 months of listening to Mormon Tabernacle Choir
-9 months of sorrows and disappointments and joy beyond measure
-9 months of heat waves and snow days
-9 months of Tennessee "you'ins" and "y'alls"
-9 months of listening and teaching
-9 months of 20+ prayers a day
-9 months of scripture studies and testimonies
-9 months of frequent (or not so frequent) letters from loved ones
-9 months of being a total dork and not caring what people think
-9 months of fighting the adversary and serving the Master
-9 months of the best work in the world



9 months... of being a full-time missionary; oh how I love it.

7 comments:

  1. Lizzy I bet you are the best missionary ever! I pray for you everyday. I am trying to be a missionary here and it's not easy. But--9 months down and 9 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. half way congrats! you know i would write you if you write me back. i hope you are feeling better by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz I bet you are doing great! I love your missionary spirit! I miss you! I can't beleive you're already halfway done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much. Halfway done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 months....and you are not talking about pregnancy...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your comments. My wife Marilyn and I sre headed to the MTC in a couple of week and to join the mission staff the week of Apr 26.

    Looking forward to our mission.

    Elder and Sis. Packer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your comments. My wife Marilyn and I sre headed to the MTC in a couple of week and to join the mission staff the week of Apr 26.

    Looking forward to our mission.

    Elder and Sis. Packer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...