Mar 7, 2011

become as a little child

(painting by Carl Bloch)

My wonderful mother wrote me this week and told me about the Carl Bloch art exhibit she saw at Brigham Young University this past week. She told me to look up this painting, and I am so glad I did. Pictures always speak louder than words, and to me this painting says, "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven"(Matthew 18:4) and "becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father"(Mosiah 3:19). I am trying every day to be closer to my Savior by becoming like a little child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...