Mar 30, 2011

newness

There has been a lot of "newness" going on here lately. New springtime blossoms, new mission companions, new goodwill skirts (my favorite), and a new mindset for my future. Generally I do not do well with change. I tend to hold onto the past until it is down to the very last thread and I have nothing left to hold onto. This time, however, feels different. Its like I said in my last post, rejuvenating.

I cannot put my finger exactly on what makes this time different than my previous experiences with change, but I'm pretty sure that prayer, scripture study, and missionary work are the biggest factors. It brings to mind a few scriptures on the subject:

"..born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters. And thus they became new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God." -Mosiah 27:24-26

"..like Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newnewss of life" -Romans 6:4

"..that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." -Romans 7:6

And while we are speaking of new, here are a few pictures of my new companions and my favorite new members of the Burgess Falls ward at the Nashville temple for the first time.




Such an exciting day! Sometimes, change is a good thing. I think it is healthy to have some newness; new friends, new seasons, and a constant goal to become a new person in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...